Tuesday, November 8, 2011

NaNoWriMo!

 So NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) started last Tuesday, and I have discovered that I am capable of beating out about 1000 words/hour. This is quite the revelation for me, and apparently with proper motivation I can be a prolific as the next gal; the key is to do it.
 Every piece of writing advice I've ever read or received starts with that: you have to actually write. This month, I am doing just that. The goal of nanowrimo is to write 50,000 words of a novel during the month of November, and lots of people all over the world join up for the challenge of it. I'm having a blast. I've also rediscovered one of my favorite things to do, and my goal extends beyond November; my goal is to continue writing the whole year round, so that next November nano will by just an extra productive month, not the jump start to my dead writer-ly self. In the meantime, this thing is awesome, and if you want to check my word count (and feel free to congratulate or berate me, whatever seems appropriate), the link is: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/rsz
 Happy writing!!

1 comment:

  1. You will take over the writing world, starting with NaNoWriMo! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete