Friday, August 5, 2011

Pen Names

When I was little I thought pen names were the coolest thing ever, and I always knew that if I ever actually pursued publication of anything I'd written, I'd publish under a pen name (this was before my name rhymed, which is pretty cool in and of itself).
Obviously, when I was eight I had very different ideas about what constituted a "good name," and as my tastes have changed so has my ideal pen name. I finally settled on one, though, maybe a year or two ago, and because it's late and I'm tired I decided to share it:
Renate Seline Zaz
The initials are the letters from my first licence plate on my first car, RSZ, and mostly I chose that because I thought it would be kinda offbeat, plus the letter "z" is just so rad!
The fact that I just used the word "rad" is a clear sign that I need to stop typing and start sleeping...very soon...zzzzzzz...........

1 comment:

  1. I do believe I have your pseudonym autograph! One day I'll be able to sell it for like a million bagillion dollars (although even then I won't want to part with it)! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete